French terry is my absolute favourite sweatshirt fabric. It's cozy and warm, but not super fleecy so I don't overheat. It's soft, it has good drape without being clingy, and it stretches nicely as you move.
If you tried our snuggly soft Bamboo/Cotton french terry, this fabric is like a more structured, less drapey version. In my opinion, a little easier to sew, and less clingy. It washes and wears really well, and the heathered colours have a nice depth.
What is French Terry? French terry is a knit fabric, with one smooth side, and the reverse side has loops of thread. It's lighter weight than traditional fleece knits, but heavier than a t-shirt.
- Width: 60" / 152cm
- Content: 95% Cotton, 5% Spandex
- Weight: 270 gsm / 8 oz.sq yd
- Opacity: opaque
- Stretch: 4-way stretch: 50% horizontally, 50% vertically
- Drape: great hand, soft body. Some drape but not overly drapey
- Care: Hand or machine wash cold with similar colours, hang to dry, iron low temperature
- Best suited for: sweatshirts, sweatpants, cardigans
Fabric is priced and sold by the 1/4 metre. We cut multiple 1/4 metres continuously. For example, if you select 4, your fabric will arrive cut as a single 1m piece. A single 1/4 metre will be cut as a fat quarter, unless otherwise requested.
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our photos, please be aware that we cannot control for
individual monitor or display settings and colours may appear different in person than on screen.