This beautiful lightweight denim is the perfect mid blue colour; leaning towards the darker end of the hue. I'm sure that you know I love hemp, if you've read any of our other fabric descriptions. Hemp is durable, softer than linen, washed up beautifully, and is sustainable. It also, and this is key; keeps you cool. So lightweight and breathable, it's totally my summer solution. It survives both me and my children, and gets softer with age (just like me).
But what does this mean for this particular fabric? Well you've got a gorgeous hemp/cotton blend that breathes and drapes, in a very lightweight denim weave. You're going to make dresses, you're going to make shirts. You're going to make a pair of wide-leg pants. You're also going to wash it several times before you use it because the dye runs a little bit, okay? (This is totally normal and expected as it is an indigo dye. I do not find that after the initial few washes that it runs, but wash it with your dark denim just to be safe. I have not noticed any dye transfer onto my furniture or bags, etc).
- Collection: Natural
- Width: 58" / 147cm
- Content: 55% Hemp, 45% Organic Cotton
- Weight: 170 gsm / 5.0 oz.sq yd
- Opacity: opaque
- Drape: as it softens with wear and washing, this fabric becomes ever more drapey. light body, good movement.
- Care: Hand or machine wash cold with similar colours, hang to dry, iron low temperature. IMPORTANT - This fabric is Indigo Dyed, as a result the color transfer may be higher than traditional dyeing.
- Best suited for: shirt, blouses, flowy pants
Fabric is priced and sold by the 1/4 metre. We cut multiple 1/4 metres continuously. For example, if you select 4, your fabric will arrive cut as a single 1m piece. A single 1/4 metre will be cut as a fat quarter, unless otherwise requested.
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our photos, please be aware that we cannot control for
individual monitor or display settings and colours may appear different in person than on screen.