Lighter in weight and slightly crisper than our other washed cotton, this poplin has been sand washed until it's lovely and soft. Aged to perfection, like a great wine or stunning cheese, this cotton is like your favourite garment after years of wear. It has a subtle texture to it, and it maintains the body you've come to expect from cotton. However, the drape is absolutely lovely, much more movement than a typical cotton produces. Airy, soft, and perfect for both summer and transitional garments.
- Width: 57/58", 145/147 CM
- Content: 100% Cotton poplin with sand wash finish
- Weight: 110 GSM, 3.24 OZ/SQ.YD
- Opacity: mostly opaque (depends on colour)
- Drape: crisper body with nice drape
- Care: wash warm or cold, tumble low or hang to dry
- Best suited for: lightweight summer pants, shorts, dresses, blouses
Fabric is priced and sold by the 1/4 metre. We cut multiple 1/4 metres continuously. For example; 2 units is 1/2m, 3 units is 3/4m, 4 units is a full metre, 5 units is 1.25m. A single 1/4 metre will be cut as a fat quarter, unless you request a skinny quarter. Fat Quarters are half the width of the fabric x 0.5m, whereas Skinny Quarters are the full width of the fabric x 0.25m. We do this so you can order just as much fabric as you need, to decrease fabric wastage.
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our photos, please be aware that we cannot control for
individual monitor or display settings and colours may appear different in person than on screen.
Looking for matching thread? Click here to order spools.